Working at Allagash:
We have a culture of passion for what we do. No one here just shows up, punches in, does the minimum and punches out. People are constantly thinking of ways to innovate: “How can I improve quality?” “How can I develop a new beer?” “How can I give visitors to the brewery a better tour experience?”
As any organization grows, it gets to a size where one person can’t do it all by themselves. We feel that it is critical to our success to empower and inspire everyone in the organization to help innovate and improve our business, so we benefit from the resources of over 120 highly engaged, passionate people. Each person, regardless of department, level or position is able to have an impact on total operations.
Allagash Brewing Company is looking for a highly motivated Automation Technician, with excellent electrical and PLC troubleshooting skills, to contribute to the sustaining of current automation equipment at our Portland, Maine based brewery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Automation Technician will work to maintain standardized work procedures for PLC troubleshooting, testing and automated equipment controls with several production, maintenance and engineering peers.
Candidate will troubleshoot and maintain all controls components such as PLC, safety devices, HMI, servo drives, process instrumentation and other electrical brewery equipment.
The Automation Technician will assist in all areas of automated equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Minimum of 2 years of controls technician experience in a high volume manufacturing/industrial environment or applicable technical certificate / degree.
- Skilled at troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Availability off-hours and weekend calls.
- Skilled in SCADA systems such as Ignition, WinCC FLEX and FactoryTalk.
- Skilled in PLC Languages such as Siemens Simatic S7 and Allen Bradley RSLogix/Studio 5000.
- Experience working in a fast paced and dynamic environment and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with software architecture, diagnostics and integration with plant floor automation systems, MES applications and IT infrastructure technologies.
- Comfortable running equipment using internal or 3rd party software, able to decipher logs and troubleshoot equipment.
- Comfortable reading wiring diagrams and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Process Flow Diagrams, P&IDs, basic fluid and mechanical processes and control interfaces.
- Good communication skills and demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Basic user level knowledge of Google Suite, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
Physical demands and work environment:
This position can be very physical in nature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job you will be working over, under, and around potentially dangerous moving machinery in tight and cramped spaces. You will need to be able to work in awkward positions for extended periods of time and/or standing for long periods of time. The ability to lift up to 100 pounds and lift up to 50 pounds to shoulder high. You must be comfortable working at heights while standing on a ladder or in a basket. This work environment involves indoor and outdoor actives in various temperatures and weather conditions. Employees are exposed to high levels of noise requiring the use of hearing protection. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and distance vision.
Schedule of Employment:
- Monday – Friday.
- Must still be willing to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Must be willing to put in extended hours as needed.
Please submit a resume and cover letter in order to be considered.